When We Are Closed
111 - A New Number For Urgent Healthcare
You can ring the surgery 01833 640217 and we will automatically divert your call to the 111 service.
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast, but its not life threatening emergency. You should call this number
- if you think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service.
- Your GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- You dont know who to call for medical help
- Calls to 111 are FREE from land-lines and mobiles
- 111 is available 24/7 every day of the year.
When to call 999
- Major accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain
In addition to dispensing prescriptions the large network of communitypharmacies across Co Durham and Darlington provide a wide range of servicese.g. minor ailments, sexual health and smoking cessation services.
A number of pharmacies provide extended opening hours including opening in the evenings and at weekends, details of all pharmacies in County Durham and Darlington can be accessed via http://www.durhamlpc.org.uk/, click on the‘pharmacies’ link on the left hand side of the home page. We recommend that you telephone a pharmacy to check they can provide the service you need before you set off.